October 13, 2008

Rubber Duck Dash

The United Way of Western Nebraska does this thing every year called the Rubber Duck Dash. Basically, you purchase a rubber duck for $5 and they put numbers on it. On the day of the race they dump all these ducks that have been purchased into the river and the first duck across the line wins a car. The duck tally this year was 18,000.

This was my first year attending the event. I wasn't really sure what to expect but they had stuff for the kids and Ryley seemed keen on going. I only included a few pictures of the ducks here but it's an amazing site to see all these ducks come around the bend in the river. I'm pretty sure my 5 ducks were in the back getting caught up in the river bank.

We drug Grandma Linda along to make a morning of it as well. Here she is helping Ryley decorate his gift duck.

They have a theme every year. I'm guessing this year's theme had something to do with motorcycle ducks.

Ryley tends to get food all over his face. I guess with the size of the cinnamon rolls it wouldn't be so hard to do.

Taylor wasn't that into it. The race was cutting into her morning nap schedule.

Here they come around the bend...

Duck wranglers at the finish line.

No comments: